What's Happening at First Church?
- May 31 Sunday Service: Pastor Pat Kriss examines the "Dark Night of the Soul." Join our worship.
- Music Ministry: Thanks, plans, and dates to save.
- June 14: The children’s choir will sing at the service. Rehearsal dates set.
- Baccalaureate Sunday set for June 14. Details here.
- Food Collection for the AIDS Interfaith Ministry during the month of May. A list of items that are most urgently needed.
- The Scholarship Committee invites all members of First Church entering into college, technical school or community college after high school to apply for a Scholarship grant. The deadline is May 31. Here are details on how to apply.
"Reaching Out to Grow God's Community"
We are a community of people who have come together to serve God the way that Jesus did- by working to make God’s vision of a peaceful, just and inclusive world a reality. We believe that God is still speaking in ways that are grounded in ancient Christian understandings but which are fresh expressions of the Divine presence in contemporary life.
Our mission as the First Congregational Church of Danbury, United Church of Christ, is to be a growing, multicultural, Open and Affirming community of believers and seekers, who participate in Christ's ministry of reconciliation (II Corinthians 5:16-21) by:
- Providing a loving invitation and welcome to the diverse population of the Greater Danbury area
- Nurturing people at various stages of their spiritual growth
- Offering inspirational worship, in the spirit of the Congregational tradition
- Engaging in outreach to heal and enrich lives.